Thursday, December 17, 2009

More Cards

The first card "Many Happy Wishes" was made with the Old World Stack, and I put the pattern on the inside of the card, and the white on the outside. I cut the front edge a little wider and then ripped the edge. I then put a piece of the pattern on the outside before adding the rest of the paper. Fonts are Opposites Attract, Beyond Birthdays and Alphalicious.
Not sure I really like this card...but oh well...owl is from Storybook, as well as the pinkish base.
Tree is from Stretch Your Imagination
Love the papers here...all Basic Grey. I cut 3 butterflies from Storybook and glued them at the base and then folded them up for dimension...sentiment is stamped and faux stitching underneath and at base of strips of papers at top
This was an Ad challenge from a couple weeks ago...don't really like grey...but it worked out ok...the flower is made from a stamp I bought, the petals are all separate so I made two of each and then cut them out. A dollar store brad for the center.

Ad Challenge/RAQ Challenge card

This was such a fun card to make. Colors from the ad challenge were light pink, light yellow and lime green...and the sketch was posted under RAQ's card challenge. The swirls are from Storybook (two corners, plus one other cut that I trimmed and cut in half to make it work) and also from Home Accents. The title was cut with Santa's Sleigh Full, which I used SCAL to cut it...that is one of my favorite fonts to use.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Tim Hortons Mug of Tea Card

Was inspired by someone (forgot who) on the cricut mb...I didn't have a mug on any of my carts. so I made one in George...(gonna try to upload the .cut file for you over to the right) I hope it works. Anyway, I saved the tag from a tea from Tim's ( as we go almost every night and added it. Tfl!!!

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Challenge card...

Did this card for RAQ's card gf says its great the way it is...but I still think it needs something. Dragonfly is from Home Decor, and I cut three of them, layered them together, and bent the wings up, as well as putting small pop dots between the layers to keep them separated. Let me know what I can add to just doesnt look finished

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Gingerbread Recipe

Made this for a friend who requested my gingerbread recipe...dh said "you couldn't just write it out on an index card like everyone else could you?" to which I replied "nope" lol...anyway...the house is from Stretch your Imagination, and I did the base, layers and the silhouette and popped it up, on the inside, I did the recipe on my computer, and then put a piece of a sheet protector over it to keep it from getting dirty...cause everytime I bake, my recipe sheets get more and more floury, greasy etc

Monday, December 7, 2009

Shelf Makeover Project

This is a recent project I just completed. We found this shelf in our neighbors garbage, and snatched it up. I should have take a picture of it before I painted it, it was originally black and very greasy
as I think our neighbor used it in his garage. Dh degreased it, and powerwashed it and then I painted it with melamine paint, off white (mostly because I already had the paint, and other pieces in my scraproom are already painted with it.) Then I applied a coat of crackle medium, which I bought at Walmart for about $6.00. Then once that dried I put a coat of my wall paint from the scraproom, over the crackle...and let it dry. I wanted to distress it, however in my town of almost 20,000 ppl, apparently its hard to find glaze medium in anything smaller than a gallon. After that all dried, I took strips of leftover fabric from cricut cover, and modge podged the strips in the backs of all the shelves. I know its kind of hard to see, but the pattern is all matching from the bottom up...starts out more off white and slowly turns to mostly brown...I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Thanks to Vintage87 on the cricut mb for directing me to ended up corresponding with Amy who was so helpful, gave me some links and suggestions, which eventually led to my finished project. This is the first of its kind for me, and it was so much fun...and now I have more storage for my scraproom...which if you are a scrapper, you know you can never have too much. Tfl!

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Some more cards

The last of my Christmas Cards


Link to Tri Shutter Cards

This is in response to Susanne who wanted to know how to make the tri shutter card...I couldn't figure out how to reply to your comment, so Im hoping you will return and see this post...check out this link for instructions.