bacground

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Stained Glass Card





This card was for RAQ's card challenge this week, and I am quite excited to share it. Part of the challenge was to try something new, so I tried some stained glass paint on a clear acetate sheet. My dh loves hummingbirds and stained glass, so that is where the inspiration came from. I cut a hole in the front of the card, and made another front the same...with a hole...then did my "stained glass" and when it was dry, I placed it between the two pieces, so to give a suncatcher effect. I only used a sharpie to trace the design which I downloaded from a stained glass pattern site, the imitation solder that came with the paints is not easy to work with for small projects, and it was globbing all over. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. The pink seems a little brighter in the picture than it really is, but other than that, Im pleased to show it off

No comments: