bacground

Saturday, August 24, 2013

My Stamp Shelf

So a couple years ago, I was beginning to accumulate quite a few wood stamps, and needed a place to store them. I was praying one day, and clearly sensed God challenging me to ask Him for it? What?? How could this be?? Certainly there are so many more things in the world God needed to do than find me a shelf for my stamps. Well, learning from experience...I decided to take Him up on the challenge and I asked Him for one. Several weeks went by and nothing...I even considered just asking a woodworking friend to build me one. Then one Saturday morning, hubby and I were out yard saleing..and we were driving up to a sale, and there is was...laying on the ground...I had no idea what it even was prior, but there lay my stamp shelf, I could hardly wait to get out of the car...It had a whopping price tag of $2, I was almost in tears...do you know what its like to have the God of all creation answer your prayer? To care that much about every detail of your life? I know now that it was not about the shelf...it was about God showing me His faithfulness, even in the small things, and it built my faith in a huge way. Everytime I glance at that shelf, hanging on the wall in my craft room, I remember that God loves me and wants to give me the desire of my heart. I attached a photo of the shelf, full of stamps, and following a spray paint and glue job to make it look new. I hope you know God wants to do the same for you...you need only to ask and believe!!!



1 comment:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

That is really awesome!

Matthew 7:7-12

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.